War Memorial #556 ~ Whittlesford
Whittlesford war memorial is in church lane standing on Guildhall Corner, Whittlesford. It takes the form of a Portland stone cross with long shaft mounted on a stepped base. There are fifteen names for World War 1 and eight for World War 2. The memorial was dedicated and unveiled on 25th January 1920. There is a scroll containing the names within the church.
This is a traditional cache and IS at the published coordinates.
The cache is a 2ml tube.
***** PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT *****
CACHES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PLACED ON ACTUAL MEMORIALS OR WITHIN THE BOUNDARY OF SUCH
AT ALL TIMES PLEASE TREAT LOCATIONS OF MEMORIALS WITH RESPECT