About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. It's a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website
About REALLY SideTracked - Bagworth & Ellistown Station
Bagworth and Ellistown was a railway station on the Leicester to Burton upon Trent Line, that served the villages of Bagworth and Ellistown in Leicestershire. It was opened by the Midland Railway in 1849 and closed by British Railways in 1964. It was at Bagworth on what is now the B585 road.
The Leicester and Swannington Railway had previously opened a Bagworth station in 1832. The Midland Railway took over the line in 1845 and made a number of improvements, including replacing the original Bagworth station with a new one on 1 August 1849. The Ellis family created the colliery and village of Ellistown in 1873 and the Midland renamed the station Bagworth and Ellistown on 1 October 1894.