This halt was opened by the Great Western Railway on 1st February 1908 as Probus and Ladock Platform, the term platform being used rather than halt to indicate that it was staffed,it was later changed to an unstaffed halt. Characteristic Great Western Railway corrugated iron waiting shelters were provided on both of the wooden platforms at opening. The Great Western Railway was nationalised into British Railways from 1st January 1948 and the station was closed on 2nd December 1957.
The station was nearer to Probus than Ladock and both platforms still remain here and although grassed over are easily detectable.
The platforms are just up the slope from the cache