Stealth needed! This cache is placed to commemorate Linton station which was opened on 1 June 1865 by the Great Eastern Railway. From the 19th century onwards Linton (and other stations on the line) were used extensively for excursions between Cambridge and Clacton on the East coast. It was closed on 6 March 1967. The early map and more recent overhead view show the station buildings at the end of Station Road (the buildings marked on the map in yellow are station buildings, the cross is the cache position in relation to them):
This image from a postcard produced between about 1903 and 1907 shows passengers waiting on the platform.
An image taken after the station was closed and boarded up, but still showing the station yard metal gates. The image below it shows the same view in December 2018 with wooden gates.
For more information on SideTracked Caches please visit www.SideTrackedSeries.co.uk