About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. It's a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website
About REALLY SideTracked - Etwall Station
The station was very close to the village, being adjacent to the Uttoxeter road which crossed the line by a steeply sloped bridge. It was provided with substantial brick buildings similar to others on the line; a two-storey station master's house and the usual single storey offices on one platform, with a small timber waiting room on the other.
Regular passenger traffic finished in 1939, although it saw excursions until 1962, and it closed completely in 1968.
The line from Friargate remained open for some years, being used as a test track by the British Rail Research Division. After public services finished, the stationmaster continued to live in the house.