About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. It's a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website
About North Harrow Station
The railway here was built at a time when there was nothing residential nearby at all - in fact there were barely any roads nearby. As shown on an 1888 to 1913 OS map, it appears that the track where the station now sits was accessed down a path along the edge of a field to the point at which Pinner Road bends nearby.
Trains began running down the track on 25 May 1885 following the expansion of the Metropolitan Railway through to Pinner. The North Harrow station itself was only opened some 30 years later, on 22 March 1915. This was the same year that the term "Metro-land" had been developed by the Railway's publicity department, and the opening of a station in a rural area to promote a residential expansion was typical of the period.
The current station is the second on the site, designed by Charles W. Clark and replacing the original in 1930. By the time that occurred, the historical maps show that the road layouts and buildings are much in the same location as they are today.
As for the cache, again this is another one inspired by Sludgebucket's TRAM SideTracked caches over near Croydon. Look out for a magnetic tube, thinner than a 35mm container. Expect muggles.