This cache is home made camouflaged vitamin pill box with a waterproof paper log. The neck of the container is narrow so tweezers may be needed, although when placed string was attached to pull the log out.
Herne Bay station is on the Chatham Main Line serving the town of Herne Bay in Kent. It is 62 miles 58 chains down the line from London Victoria, the station originally opened in 1861 as "Herne Bay and Hampton-on-Sea" as the terminus of a line from Faversham. This original station was a temporary one, located just west of where Greenhill Bridge is now situated.
The line was extended to Ramsgate on 5 October 1863, around this time the current Herne Bay station was constructed. From 1880 Hampton-on-Sea was again added to the name, but the development of the new settlement was always troubled because of coastal erosion and was abandoned in 1921.
The buildings on the Down platform are all that remain of the original station building, as the Up side was reconstructed by the Southern Railway in 1926 as part of its plan to modernise the Thanet Lines. Electrification took place on 15 June 1959 and the old semaphore signals were replaced by colour-lights.
These days the station is served by the High Speed service to St Pancras as well as the original service to Victoria, passenger numbers have been increasing recently and are now around one million per annum. There is a coffee shop at the station and toilet facilities on platform 2, the beach and pier are just over ten minutes walk away along Station Road.
Congratulations to PPRDG0 on the First to Find