Saturday, May the 4th Be With You!
10am to 4pm
Cache Across Maryland is an annual geocaching tour of the state of Maryland. Ten new geocaches have been placed in various locations throughout the ‘Old Line State’. To attend this event, you must find all ten caches. Be aware that CAM participants logged an average of 1000 miles on their trek around the state last year. The ten CAM caches are generally rated no higher than 2/2 on the ‘star scale’. No special equipment will be needed to find any of the caches. From Western Maryland to the Eastern Shore, Cache Across Maryland 2019 will demonstrate once again that Maryland truly is ‘America in Miniature’.
THE LISTED COORDINATES ARE INVALID!
The listed event coordinates are invalid. Each cache will give you information crucial to determining the correct coordinates of the event location. As the date of the event draws near, a method for decoding the event coordinates will be posted here on this event page and on the MGS website. Be sure to add this event to your Watch List to receive updates and announcements.
The process for participation in CAM:
1. You do not need to be an MGS member to participate in CAM. CAM cache listings, GPX files, and other information will be available for download from the MGS Forums around 8:00am on Saturday, March 16th. The MGS Forums are the only place to find the information until the caches are officially published on geocaching.com on or after May 4th.
2. Find the ten caches placed around the state. Each CAM 2019 cache contains a means of verification – don't forget to make note of all the codes! Sign the cache's log book and make a trade if you wish. Please refrain from leaving travel bugs in CAM caches.
3. Once you have found all ten CAM caches, submit your CAM completion. The link to the CAM completion form will be posted in the CAM 2019 Information thread. This is the only way we are able to determine who receives certificates and geocoins. Please submit your completion email as soon as you complete CAM.
4. A few days before the picnic, a decoder will be provided to allow you to determine the secret picnic location using your GeoPassport. The picnic will be held somewhere in Maryland.
5. Bring your favorite potluck dish and your completed GeoPassport to the picnic on Saturday, May 4th at 10:00am. Post on the CAM 2019 Picnic Food List to let us know what food items you intend to bring.
6. You may log the individual CAM 2019 caches you have found, and this event, on or after the picnic date of May 4th. Feel free to join us in our CAM Forums and share your experiences with the cache hiders before that date.
7. Vote for your favorite CAM cache when the 2019 Favorite CAM Cache Poll posts on the forums.
You can validate your CAM Picnic coordinates with certitude.
(Be aware that the ‘drag and drop link to toolbar’ feature
will not work because this is an event, not a puzzle.)