The Nest TB Hotel
(Ginger posing at THE NEST before her world tour)
Welcome to The Nest TB Hotel. A place of rest and relaxation for jet setting trackables from around the world. They can stay overnight before setting off on the next big adventure. Here they can exchange stories of incredible adventures, close calls and tall tales.
The Nest TB Hotel is notable for its easy access to the OR Tambo International Airport, nearby entertainment and conference venues, not to mention and good kick-off point for geo caching road trips, geo-art tours and nasty mystery-monster caches.
The many lakes and green belts host various exciting cache locations for the eager green TBs, urban caches are plentiful heading west for those TBs who prefer park n grabs.
Come help TBs see South Africa or travel the world at The Nest TB Hotel.
To access The Nest TB Hotel security system please follow the instructions carefully and in order. See the instruction picture for reference
DO NOT FORCE ANY OF THE MECHANISMS. All moving parts are handcrafted and calibrated
- Lift top lid
- Locate the wheel on the left side under the hotel box. Turn the wheel towards you until The Nest TB Hotel name panel is in full view on top of the box. (quarter turn)
- This unlocks the elevator. The name panel must be up for the elevator to operate
- Locate the wheel on the right side under the hotel box. Turn the wheel away from you to raise the elevator. (1-2 revolutions)
- The elevator will rise approximately 40mm.
- The Hotel key is magnetically attached to the inside of the roof of the elevator.
- Use the key to open the front lock
NOTE: The elevator is spring loaded to close. Hold the wheel in place while retrieving the key
- Sign the Hotel registry and exchange the TBs you wish to leave and/or take.
- Lock the door when done and replace key onto magnet in the lift.
- Close up the Hotel in reverse order: elevator down, name plate down, lid down (to magnetically lock on both corners)
NOTE: Please ensure the Hotel is properly closed before leaving to protect the remaining TBs from muggles and rain.
Please use stealth when accessing the Hotel. There are regular community patrols as well as frequent muggle foot traffic in the area. You are welcome to park on the lawn or driveway while accessing the cache