Another cache and dash to link up to the cache further along at the old viaduct.
The cache is not located at the remains of the Nunnery, although access can be found via the edge of the field.
All that now remains of the buildings of Manuel Nunnery is the N portion of the W gable of the church. The more easterly part of the site has been washed away by the River Avon, as were the S side-wall and the cemetery in 1783. A drawing of about 1739 (A Cardonnel 1788) shows the church as still entire, though roofless. The cloister seems to have been on the S, entry being obtained by a doorway in the middle of the S wall of the church. Architectural details suggest a 12th century date for the building. Manuel, a house of Cistercian nuns, was founded by Malcolm IV before 1164. Little is known of its history or possessions, but the house was not wealthy and the community may always have been a small one. A prioress and four nuns were in residence in 1552.
Parking for 1 car and the container only contains the log. So bring your own pen/pencil.
++++++++++++++++ Congratulations to HundyMundy on being FTF +++++++++++++++++++++++++