Wingrave lost men in both the First World War and the Second World War and these names are memorialised on a limestone war memorial that sits on the village green. The memorial is a simple obelisk that features a crucifix on its front side, and with the names of those lost in the wars engraved below. You will need to visit the location of the war memorial in order to find this cache.
The cache is not hidden at the above coordinates, these are the coordinates for the war memorial. The cache can be found at N 51° 51.ABC W 0° 44.XYZ where:
- A is the number of letters in Harry's surname.
- B is the number of letters in Mr Gurney's first name.
- C is the first letter of Mr Smith's first name converted alphanumerically (e.g. A=1, B=2 etc.)
- X is the number of letters in the first word of the top line of the plaque on the nearest bench to the war memorial.
- Y is the number of men with the last name Reynolds who died in World War I, minus the name of men with the last name Rickard who died in World War I.
- Z is the number of men with the last name Goldney who died in World War II.
The cache is a short walk away.