Another school sign cache in the Foothills.
The school was built it 1915 and opened by a young lady teacher at the “relatively high salary” of $100 per month. The oil people coming in the 1920s had the school bursting at the seams, so a second school room and a second teacher were added in 1927. By 1931 town school were built in Turner Valley and Black Diamond, so the extra room was closed. The school itself was closed in 1957 and the students bussed to Black Diamond.
The building was moved into Black Diamond and was turned into the fire hall for the Town.
Information taken from: Pioneering with a Piece of Chalk, by Bill Baergen