
EN
The Flamanda Church, with its two patrons: St. Haralambia and the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, is part of the places of worship raised during the Phanariot period (1711-1821 in Moldavia and 1716-1821 in Muntenia), in the second half of the 19th century. eighteenth century, on the southern border of Bucharest at that time. The church is a historical monument, with LMI B-II-m-A-19306.
The first source on the church's history is the writing placed above the entrance door in 1871, after the general restoration of the edifice. Pisania tells us that this place was a "wooden sketch", raised by a certain Dimitrie in 1766, dedicated to Mitopoly as metoh. The hermitage functioned for a short time, because in 1782 the building of the present church, founded by the brothers Istrate Vel-Vornic and Constantin Creţulescu, began to be built. Pisania also tells us that the information on the first construction was taken over after the old wood church.
From the writing of the writing we also find that the building of the church has encountered many difficulties, the works only ending in the year 1800 at the expense of the guild of the tailors in Bucharest. Apart from the above-mentioned writing, there are few springs describing this art monument, and they only recall certain defects, repairs, donations and endowments of the church with objects of worship. Even before it was finished, on September 17, 1794, during a storm, the church lost its tower roof. The Mahallau Hungry, poor at that time, could not cope with the expenses except with the help of the 100 thalers who were granted from the Fund by the Prince Al. Constantin Moruzi (1793-1796).
Apparently in the sec. In the nineteenth century, the material state of the Flemish Church improved, thanks to the prosperity of the surrounding slum and the tailor 's guild, who owned it, decorating it with golden silver icons, holy vessels, crosses and worship books and other holy scents. At the end of the sec. Although the population of the city was growing, the number of believers in the Fellowship Church barely reached 150, that the state had to give it an annual grant of 3000 lei.

RO
Biserica Flămânda, cu cele două hramuri ale sale: Sf. Haralambie și Adormirea Maicii Domnului, face parte dintre lăcașurile de cult ridicate în perioada fanariotă (1711-1821 în Moldova și 1716-1821 în Muntenia), în a doua jumătate a sec. al XVIII-lea, în limita sudică a Bucureștiului din acea vreme. Biserica este monument istoric, cu codul LMI B-II-m-A-19306.
Prima sursă asupra istoricului bisericii este pisania așezată deasupra ușii de la intrare, în anul 1871, după restaurarea generală a edificiului. Pisania ne spune că acest loc a fost un „schitișor de lemn”, ridicat de un anume Dimitrie în anul 1766 închinat Mitopoliei ca metoh. Schitul a funcționat scurtă vreme, fiindcă în anul 1782 s-a început construcția din zid a bisericii actuale, ctitorie a fraților Istrate Vel-Vornic și Constantin Crețulescu. Pisania ne mai spune că informațiile cu privire la prima construcție au fost preluate după vechea pisanie a bisericii de lemn.
Din textul pisaniei aflăm, de asemenea, că zidirea bisericii a întâmpinat multe greutăți, lucrările luând sfârșit abia în anul 1800, pe cheltuiala breslei croitorilor bucureșteni. În afară de pisania amintită, sunt puține izvoarele care descriu acest monument de artă și acestea amintesc doar de anumite avarii, reparații, donații și înzestrari ale bisericii cu obiecte de cult. Chiar înainte de a fi terminată, la 17 septembrie 1794, în timpul unei furtuni, biserica și-a pierdut acoperișul turlei. Mahalaua Flămânda, săracă în acea vreme, nu a putut face față cheltuielilor decât cu ajutorul celor 100 taleri, acordați din fondul Vistieriei de către domnitorul Al. Constantin Moruzi (1793-1796).
Se pare că în sec. al XIX-lea starea materială a Bisericii Flămânda s-a imbunătățit, datorită prosperității mahalalei din jur și a breslei croitorilor, care o patronau, împodobind-o cu icoane de argint aurite, vase sfinte, cruci și cărți de cult și alte sfinte odoare. La sfârșitul sec. al XIX-lea, deși populația orașului era în creștere, cifra credincioșilor Bisericii Flămânda abia atingea 150 persoane, încât statul era nevoit să-i acorde o subvenție anuala de 3000 lei.
