Ancaster station was opened on 16 June 1857 by the Boston, Sleaford and Midland Counties Railway. This company quickly became absolved into the Great Northern Railway which itself became part of the London and North Eastern Railway in 1923.
Today, the station is unmanned. It is served by just 4 trains a day, 3 trains on a Saturday and none on a Sunday.
There is still a working signal box at the Western end of the platform.