About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. It's a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website
About Desford Station
Desford railway station was a railway station in Leicestershire, England on the Leicester and Swannington Railway, which later became part of the Midland Railway's Leicester to Burton upon Trent Line. The original station opened on 18 July 1832; originally named Desford Lane, it was renamed Desford by 26 April 1833. This station was closed on 27 March 1848, being replaced by a new station, also named Desford, sited 135 metres (148 yd) to the west of the original. The station was about 0.6 miles (1 km) northeast of Desford village, close to the hamlet of Newtown Unthank.
British Railways closed the station on 7 September 1964 but the line remains open for freight traffic.