The South Country History Series is a new series of geocaches being placed at locations of rural schools, churches, cemeteries, cenotaphs, and former townsites in south central Saskatchewan.
The school was originally opened in 1924, and moved to this site in 1926. It operated until 1960. A plaque at this well-maintained site lists all the students who were educated at Bar Hill, as well as their teachers.
Best to approach this site from the east or west, as the roads to the north and south are not gravelled.