This spot is home to two rowing clubs, the Y Rowing Club founded in 1910 and the Melbourne Argonauts Queer Rowing Club formed in 2001. The original YWCA Rowing Club boathouse was built in 1929 and stood to the south of this site. This new building was opened on 5th May 1996 by Janet Powell, President of the YWCA Melbourne. The two-bay boathouse and clubrooms houses a fleet of 30 boats, a gym and the Powerhouse function centre up on top.
This area has multiple launching docks and can be very busy during training and event days with boats and rowing crew everywhere. It's also a busy spot for runners/walkers and party-goers in the upstairs area during event season.