Going Caching 2020 Mega-Event will not take place due to uncertainties related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Several factors pointed us toward this decision:
OCTOBER 3, 2020
- We do not know what the situation will be in October or when large gatherings will again be permitted.
- Stores, restaurants and event facilities that we are accustomed to partnering with are either under strict social distancing constraints or remain closed. The various activities Going Caching is famous for are not possible given this reality.
- We have now reached the point where our event store should be open; however, we have been reluctant to ask attendees to purchase Pre-Event Shirts, Registration Packages and other merchandise while unsure that the Mega-Event will actually take place.
- Ordinarily, our crewmembers would already be meeting to plan and work on the many features you have come to expect at Going Caching. This has not been possible during this difficult time.
- We are aware that many attendees have already made travel arrangements and booked lodging. We feel it is prudent to inform you now so that arrangements may be cancelled without penalty.
The Going Caching Crew greatly appreciates the support and fellowship our attendees have extended over the last ten years. We know that many of you are as disappointed as we are. Let us all look forward to brighter days ahead and Going Caching 2021. We hope to see you then!
Going Caching Crew