The line, as well as Leadenham station, was opened in 1867 by Great Northern Railway.
Leadenham station closed in 1962. The line lasted another three years before complete closure in 1965. The track was lifted soon after.
The station house still exists at Leadenham, as does the goods yard shed which is now part of a car dealership on the site.