The line, as well as Navenby station, was opened in 1867 by Great Northern Railway.
Navenby station closed in 1962. The line lasted another three years before complete closure in 1965. The track was lifted soon after.
The station house still exists at Navenby, although it is now a private dwelling and no public access exists to the house or the old track bed.