The war memorial consists of a tapering marble pillar with a crown top on which stands a draped urn with a carved wreath circling it. The pillar is set upon a square plan plinth which rises from a two-stepped base. It stands some 3m high.
The memorial was erected by the Parishioners of North and South Cowton and was unveiled and dedicated by local Clergy and Dignitaries on 17th July 1921.
The cache can be found at:-
N 54o 25.ABC W 001o 33.DEF
- A = Number of letters in the 9th word on the Memorial
- B = Number of letters in the surname of the two private soldiers with the same surname
- C = (Number of private soldiersin the Yorkshire Regiment)/2
- D = Number of letters in the 2nd forename of the Leading Aircraftman
- E = Number of letters in tthe 11th word on the memorial
- F = Number of letters in Major Webbs's first forename.
The Checksum for A+B+C+D+E+F = 31
***** PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT *****
CACHES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PLACED ON ACTUAL MEMORIALS OR WITHIN THE BOUNDARY OF SUCH
AT ALL TIMES PLEASE TREAT LOCATIONS OF MEMORIALS WITH RESPECT