The line, as well as Harmston station, was opened in 1867 by Great Northern Railway.
Harmston station closed in 1962. The line lasted another three years before complete closure in 1965. The track was lifted soon after.
The station buildings and platform still exist at Harmston although now it is on a busy cut through road, most people do not notice it.
Please note, there used to be a cache opposite the station which was regularly muggled, probably by the homeowner, so this one is slightly further down the road but with a good reference point of the old station. The waypoint provided is for the station.