How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The history of the castle dates back to the turn of the 14th and 15th centuries due to the Ottoman threat. (No archaeological findings have been found.) Together with the nearby fortresses, they protected the road leading from Banja Luka to Jajce on the banks of the Orbas River. The castle was first mentioned in writing in 1434, when it was occupied by the Ottomans, along with some nearby strongholds, including the Jajce castle, and the Tallóci Matkó ban, which supported Sigismund of Luxembourg. In May 1516 the castle was once again in Ottoman hands, and it was repaired and fortified by the conquerors. An anonymous document lists it as a fortress with few cannons. 17-18. century did not bring a significant change in the life of the castle. Oddly enough, in the fortification of 1833, the castle of Bočac was found to be uninhabited. Perhaps it lost its significance and was therefore abandoned. Built on cliffs above the river, the fortress covers an area of about 2,500 square meters. It had at least four towers, of which only one remains today. The rest were demolished during Ottoman rule. The walls are over one meter thick, but they did not protect the area from the effects of time and nature. Although the castle is a significant monument, there are unfortunately no resources for "maintenance". Due to the construction of a power plant under the castle, excavations were made in 1977. The finds were taken to the Bosnian Krajina Museum, while the photographic documentation found her home in Sarajevo.
(This box exists on hungarian site too.)
haqre ohfu, xbevwra tezn