Are you ready for another aMazing adventure!!
After its absence, and in partnership with the Texas Geocaching Association (TXGA), a GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit is continuing its limited run around the United States!
What is it?
The Mingo Madness Committee is pleased to present the GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit in Colby, Kansas. The Exhibit, made possible by the Texas Geocaching Association, is an educational and interactive experience to share content and Geocaching information. It provides something interesting for all, from first-time cachers to Charter members.
A GPS Adventures Exhibit icon is earned by completing the Exhibit and signing the log.
The Exhibit, a not-for-profit endeavor, was made possible with gracious sponsor donations and SWAG sales. We believe we created unique souvenir items commemorating your experience and to help offset the production costs. All proceeds are invested into the Exhibit experience.
Please help to bring this outstanding experience to Western Kansas by purchasing exclusive location-based SWAG at this link:
Want to Attend?
The Exhibit will make an appearance in 4H building at the Thomas County Fair Grounds in Colby, Kansas only minutes from Mingo Madness events and hotels. This facility is handicap accessible.
The Exhibit is completely FREE and open to the public.
· Friday, May 7, 2021 – First Look –
Original Friends of the Maze, and Mingo Amigos Sponsors/Special Guests Only
· Saturday, May 8, 2021 – (8am-6pm) – Open to the Public
· Sunday, May 9, 2021 – (8am-1pm) – Open to the Public
We anticipate high attendance given limited availability and large crowds. The Committee may add additional viewing times to accommodate larger crowds.
PLEASE … PLEASE … PLEASE …
Submit a 'Will Attend' log and provide us the following information of your plans.
· Which day and timeframe do you plan to attend the Exhibit?
· How many are in your party?
We need this information to plan and to help manage the crowds and minimize wait times. If you have not already, please submit a 'Will Attend' log for Mingo Madness.
What should we know before we go?
We expect very large crowds for this event. We will make every effort to accommodate everyone interested in attending the Exhibit. Based on other locations, wait times to tour the Exhibit is not unusual, but we are attempting to make the wait as short as possible. Things to consider when planning your visit:
· There will be special Access on Friday May 1st for Friends of the Maze, sponsors and special guests.
· Exhibit entry is on a first-come first-serve basis on Saturday and Sunday.
· We anticipate the lines being longest on Saturday afternoon between the two events.
· In the coming months, we are developing and releasing tools and tricks to improve communications and keep everyone aware of optimal times to visit the Exhibit.
During the Visit
In addition to the Exhibit, there are several other fun geocaching activities in which you can partake during your visit, including Lab Caches, interactive exhibits, activities and of course geocaches. We will make announcements with specifics as we finalize plans.
Once you have completed your tour of the Exhibit and signed the Log Book, please Log your Visit on Geocaching.com and include pictures documenting your experiences.
If you are new to geocaching, we have people on hand to help you setup a Geocaching.com account to log this event and begin participating in this fantastic sport/hobby/obsession.
Where can I find more information?
We will make announcements and update this page as more information is available.
Our website has information, updates and our online store where you can order SWAG.
Finally, please join our Mingo Madness Facebook group - another source for updates and new activities related to the GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit and all things Mingo Madness.
How Can I Help?
1) Volunteer – The Exhibit requires many volunteers from setup thru teardown (Thursday – Sunday). We need help with a variety of activities including crowd control, registration, Lab Cache support, Maze Management, etc. We expect Volunteers to spend about thirty minutes prior to their shift in training, then volunteer a 2 - 4 hour shift.
Volunteers receive a gift.
If interested in volunteering, we will have a Volunteer page up soon.
2) Sponsorships – As previously mentioned, this is a not-for-profit venture. The maze was built on Sponsorships and we are asking again for donations to offset the costs with transporting it across the country.
If interested in additional sponsorship information, please email us at https://mingo2020.com/b2b-agreement/ and we will reply to you with the desired information.
Our Mingo Madness Team is extremely excited to add this experience to a fun filled packed weekend to help celebrate 20 years of Geocaching.