Riverstones is a tribute to the D.Corso family. For more than sixty years Domenico & Dora Corso and family farmed this land now known as Riverstone- a new address to more than 30 families.
The area was subject to flooding by the River Torrens, which originally ran into an area named "The Reedbeds" in the upper reaches of the Port River. In the 1930s the Torrens Channel, also named Breakout Creek, was cut through the coastal dunes to Gulf St Vincent, to drain the wetlands and eliminate the flooding. A large part of Lockleys is within a bend of the River Torrens.
Hence, prior to subdivision, the area was renowned for its rich soil, market gardens and greenhouses. The name comes from a property (section 145) owned by Charles Brown Fisher, then Edward Meade Bagot and Gabriel Bennett, who built a course there for amateur horse racing. The property was rented by trainers J. Eden Savill and C. Leslie Macdonald for their Lockleys Stables where many good racehorses were prepared.
The area was subdivided for housing. The Hank family had substantial holdings; the Hank brothers were footballers for West Torrens Football Club, with Bob Hank winning the Magarey Medal in both 1946 and 1947.