NO FORCE IS NEEDED TO OPEN THIS CACHE <
On October 25, 1930, the new Isaac Litton High School was formally opened with impressive ceremonies atttended by all the prominent Nashville and Davidson County, Tennessee authorities. Prior to tis auspicious opening, there was on Gallatin Road a tract of land which belonged to JereBaxter, a prominent and respected politician in the area and founder of the Tennessee Central Railroad. His other achievements included serving in the State Stenate and seeking (unsuccessfully) the Democratic Party nomination for Governor. On his land was erected a four-room brick building that would become Isaac Litton High School.
In a very short time, this tiny building was bursting at the seams. The algebra teacher was conducting classis in the hall, and at lunch time the studeents were marched quietly to the cafeteria so they would not disturb the classes being ceremonioulsy taught around and among them. The Board of Education , realizing the inadequacy of the space and the growing need for something more, purchades another tract of land of about eleven acres for the sum of $10,000. The building planned for the property was not completed until late fall of 1930, so in the meantime, the teadchers and students met in the basemement of the Inglewood Methodist Church. The newly built school was named Isaac Litton, in memeory of the grandfather of Judge Litton Hickman, who had been a respected judge in Davidson County for many years. In the years that followed, the school grew by leaps and bounds, making a name for itself which the entire state could be proud. Isaac Litton High School closed in 1971. By 1990, the building had deteriorated to such and extent that it was razed, leaving only the gymnasium building. After the formation of the Alumni Association, theis revered landmark was restored to usefulness for the entire community. Grounds are now owned by Metropolitan Nashville Parks and Recreation.
Please DO NOT attempt to open from the top! It isn't necessary!