The South Country History series is a new series of geocaches being placed at locations of rural schools, churches, cemeteries, cenotaphs, and former townsites in south central Saskatchewan.
The Stonehenge School District #2436 was originally built 1 mile north of here. By 1925 the school's enrollment exceeded the size of the building and a new school was built on the NW corner of this intersection, with a capacity of nearly 100. In 1927 the name of the school district was changed to Maxstone, named for the post office in the nearby hamlet. The school closed in 1963 and the pupils were transferred to Assiniboia.
St. Mary's Church, on the SW corner of the intersection, has become the local museum.