✓ #1 cache within Oxfordshire by % favourite points (see Project-GC).
Number 1481 in a series of caches where a red telephone box is in close proximity to a post box.
The only rules are that they have to be able to be photographed together, be not more than 100’ apart and the phone boxes have to be red.
Cache is not at the published coordinates:
You can find the cache by…
- Visiting the fine pair at the published coordinates.
- Using a tape measure find out the distance in metres between the top left front corner of the postbox and the top of highest hinge on the phonebox. Round it to the nearest 0.1m. Then multiply this number by 2.177 to give you X.
- On the postbox find these numbers:
- The next stage can be found X km away on a bearing of Yº from the published coordinates (i.e. the fine pair). This is a ten minute drive followed by a short walk away. The checker is for these coordinates:
- At this stage you should find yourself by a wire boundary fence with a short post at your feet. This is not the cache. At the base of a nearby tree along the fence line you should find a camo bag under some flints. In this bag is some string. Attach the carabiner to the post. The cache can then be found at the green end of this piece of string. Simple!?
Please do not remove the self-inking stamp from this cache.
Congratulations to Oxford Stone and Oxford Stone Junior for the FTF!
Cache placed with the kind permission of the Forestry Commission.
The landowner (Forestry Commission East England) does not assess the suitability or safety of the cache location. The cache placer and the cache finder have a responsibility to take reasonable precautions to protect their own safety and the safety of others. Hazards observed at or on route to the cache location should be reported to the cache placer.
The A Fine Pair series is managed by mattd2k
If anybody would like to place 'A Fine Pair' of their own please do. I would just ask that you first visit www.afinepair.co.uk to request a number to avoid any duplication
mattd2k also keeps a public Bookmark List of this series. Once your cache is published please contact him via email@example.com to have yours added