Skip to content

Kiips Traditional Cache

Hidden : 7/23/2020
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
2.5 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Oled jõudnud peaaegu maailma lõppu. Naudi vaadet tuletornile ja leia Kiips aare, mille pärast sa tegelikult siia tulid.

Kiipsaare musta-valgetriibuline ja 25 meetri kõrgune raudbetoonist tuletorn oli firma Arronet & de Vries viimane Eesti rannikule rajatud tuletorn. See valmis 1933. aastal. Majaka juures töötas järelevalveinsenerina hilisem Eesti „tuletornide isa” Armas Luige. Uuemad analoogsed rajatised valmisidki tema projektide järgi ja otsese juhatuse all. 1937–1940 rajas veeteede valitsus seni asustamata poolsaarele tuletorni naabrusesse elamu, kaevu ja abihoone (pole säilinud). Varem oli sellesse navigatsiooniliselt ohtlikku rannikupiirkonda, ida pool asuvale Undva neemele 1879. aastal ehitatud 25 meetri kõrgune kolmetahuline puittulepaak. See lammutati pärast praeguse majaka valmimist. Kuidas Kiipsaare raudbetoonist tuletorn esialgu rannajoone suhtes paiknes, pole teada.

Kiipsaare ja Harilaiu kohta loe lisaks SIIT


You are almost at the end of the world. Enjoy the view of the lighthouse and find the cache for which you actually came here.
Kiipsaare's black-and-white striped and 25-meter-high reinforced concrete lighthouse was Arronet & de Vries' last lighthouse built on the Estonian coast. It was completed in 1933. Armas Luige, the later Estonian "father of lighthouses", worked at the lighthouse as a supervisory engineer. Newer similar facilities were completed according to his projects and under the direct management. In 1937–1940, the maritime government built a residential building, a well and an auxiliary building (not preserved) in the neighborhood of the uninhabited peninsula. In the past, a 25-meter-high three-sided wooden lighthouse was built in 1879 on this navigationally dangerous coastal area, on the east side of Undva Cape. It was demolished after the current lighthouse was completed. It is not known how the lighthouse was initially located in relation to the shoreline.

The cache is hidden in cooperation with the nature reserve manager.

Additional Hints (No hints available.)