The memorial was unveiled on Saturday evening at 7.30 on 28th March 1920 in Harvel Village Hall. A bronze sculpture is mounted on a wooden board with the names of the fallen painted in gold lettering on the bronze sculpture. The bronze centre piece represents the entrance to a mausoleum, the heavily nailed door of which is approached by four steps, draped with the national flag. Guarding the door lies the British lion, holding beneath his paw the inanimate form of the Prussian eagle, from whose head the crown (the symbol of kingship) has fallen. In the front of the lion stands the Angel of the Resurrection holding in his hand the trumpet to call the dead to life. The names of the fallen are written in gold. The name of one casualty from WW2 was added later.
Unfortunately as the memorial is in the village hall it can only be seen when the hall is open.
You are looking for a 1.5ml magnetic cache just outside the hall.
***** PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT *****
CACHES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PLACED ON ACTUAL MEMORIALS OR WITHIN THE BOUNDARY OF SUCH
AT ALL TIMES PLEASE TREAT LOCATIONS OF MEMORIALS WITH RESPECT