Part of the "Places in N.S" series.
It is on Grand Joggin, approximately three miles from Digby. Early names were Pleasnt Valley and Acacia Valley, the latter name derived from N.B. Raymond's Acacia Hotel. The area was also referred to as Grand Joggin. James Craige and Benjamin Ellison, Loyalists from Digby, were pioneers here in the late 18th century. Hillgrove Baptist Church on Craige's Hill was dedicated July 2, 1837. A new church hall was completed in 1955. Conway school, built in 1936, was expanded in 1953. In 1964 it became the community centre in which a library was established.
Some Interesting Facts:
- Leslie M. Graig opened a post office here in 1869.
- Fishing and farming are the major industries.
- An agricultural society was formed in 1840.
- Population in 1956 was 67.