
Despite its appearance and name, Tudor Hall was actually built between 1898 and 1900 by Thomas Plaford, in imitation Tudor style. He reused materials from at least one demolished 16th century house in King Street, including a doorway, window, roofing timbers and moulded ceiling. The building was originally the head offices of Boulton and Paul (for which Platford was chief architect) later becoming a registry office and then a nightclub (Tudor Hall and Peppermint Park) playing host to countless nights out and alcohol fuelled dancing into the small hours. It was derelict for almost ten years and now plays host to a tatoo parlour. Tudor Hall was listed Grade II in 1996.
The cache is in a busy area with lots of traffic so please keep children under supervision.
This cache was adopted by WildWoodies on 26/12/21. With thanks to Pilgrim Path for placing.