How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
An interesting cache for everyone interested in Finninsh war history.
This cache is almost in the middle of nowhere but if you are interested in a hisory lesson go for it. By "almost" I mean that there are no major cites or towns nearby so people probably have to drive some kilometers to get here. You can drive there a couple hundred meters from the cache.
The cache itself is indoors and underground. Read the hint if you want more precise information conserning the hide itself. Please read also the note made by Captain Morgan & Family about possible hibernating bats. The note doesn't contain any spoiler info.
Certain equipment is needed.
You should bring:
* A flash light
* Rubber boots (You may need these depending on the time of the year. In July the place was flooded but in september, when I placed the cache, the area was relatively dry.)
* A probing stick (see below)
A word of warning:
* Winter: If the floor is covered with ice, you should have a stick to test the thicknes of the ice. There are two deep and open draining vents in the floor surface and you wouldn't want your foot to get stuck in one of these.
* If the place is flooded: As above, use the probing stick to look for the vents. If the water is clear, you should also be able to see them.
* Take a friend with you for this cache just for precaution.
If you have time to spend in the area, you could find other similar spots of interest nearby, since this is not the only one of this kind. Read the information on location. The other places of interest may be in wors condition so be extra careful. Look out for the bats also since those other places are not so often visited as this one.
Gur pnpur vf va gur ebbz jurer gur zra jrer fhccbfrq gb fyrrc.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum