The 2021 WGA Spring Picnic will be held at Yellowstone Lake State Park.
Yellowstone Lake State Park features a 455-acre (184 ha) reservoir on a tributary of the Pecatonica River. The state park is included in the 4,047-acre (1,638 ha) Yellowstone Lake State Wildlife Area. The park has 128 campsites and 5 group sites. There is a swimming area with sand beach, picnic areas, and playgrounds. Boat launch, boat rentals, fishing for bluegill, largemouth bass, walleye, and channel catfish, with some northern pike, and muskellunge. Hiking trails, and groomed cross country ski trails. The adjacent 4,000-acre wildlife area offers extensive horse trails and a shooting range.
Located in the town of Fayette in Lafayette County, the man-made lake is sustained by the Yellowstone River which enters on the northwest side, and the man-made dike built on the southeast side.
The park picnic shelter is reserved for the event.
Please remeber we will be following current COVID recommendations that are in place at the time of the Picnic
• Check In/Registration . . . . 9:00 - 2:00 PM
• Nametag Pickup . . . . 9:00 - 4:00 PM
• Meet at Shelter to find a Group to go out and Cache With . . . . 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 AM . . . .
• WGA Kidz Club activities . . . . 2:00 - 4:00 PM
• WGA Merchandise Sales . . . . 9:00 - 4:30 PM
• Lunch /Grills Ready . . . . Noon
• Group Picture . . . . 4:00 PM
• WGA member meeting OPEN FORUM . . . . 4:30 PM
• Attendance Prize Drawings and Contest Winners (Must be present to win!) . . . . 4:45 PM
****** CREATIVE CACHE CONTEST - Bring a Creative Cache and Vote for your Favorite. Top Caches win a Prize.******
• TB/Geocoin Exchange Table . . . . All Day
WHAT TO BRING TO THE PICNIC
• Your own food due to COVID-19 pandemic
• Table setting for you and your family
• Lawn chairs if you want them
• Beverages for your group
If you would like to contribute a prize for the drawing please contact a WGA Board of Director.