Patapsco Valley State Park
8125 Johnnycake Road
Woodlawn, MD 21244
Saturday, May 15, 2021
10:15 am to 3:30 pm
Cache Across Maryland is an annual geocaching tour of the state of Maryland. Ten new geocaches have been placed in various locations throughout the ‘Old Line State’. Be aware that CAM participants logged an average of 1000 miles on their trek around the state last year. The ten CAM caches are generally rated no higher than 2/2 on the ‘star scale’. No special equipment will be needed to find any of the caches. From Western Maryland to the Eastern Shore, Cache Across Maryland 2021 will demonstrate that Maryland truly is ‘America in Miniature’.
The process for participation in CAM:
1. You do not need to be an MGS member to participate in CAM. CAM caches will go live on geocaching.com on the day of kick-off: Saturday, March 20, 2021.
2. Find the ten caches placed around the state. Each CAM 2021 cache contains a means of verification – don't forget to make note of all the codes! Sign the cache's log book and make a trade if you wish.
3. Once you have found all ten CAM caches, submit your CAM Completion Form. The link to the CAM Completion Form will be posted in the CAM 2021 Information Thread . This is the only way we are able to determine who is eligible to receive a certificate and geocoin. Please submit your completion form as soon as you complete CAM or when the link is available.
4. A week before the picnic, a decoder will be provided to allow you to print the necessary form to submit to receive your free geocoin.
5. Bring your favorite potluck dish and your completed CAM Passport to the picnic on Saturday, May 15. Post on the CAM 2021 Picnic Information to let us know what food item(s) you intend to bring.
The picnic schedule:
10:15 am–12:00 pm: Registration, eat, mingle, complete Icebreaker
12:00 pm-12:30 pm: Awards and announcements
12:45 pm: Group photo
1:00 pm: Bonus caches publish
1:00 pm–3:30 pm: Caching and other activities
3:00 pm–3:30 pm: Picnic clean-up