REALLY SideTracked - Kirkham Abbey
Old Station House - Kirkham Abbey
Kirkham Abbey railway station was a minor railway station serving the village of Kirkham in North Yorkshire on the York to Scarborough Line and was opened on 5 July 1845 by the York and North Midland Railway. It closed on 22 September 1930.
The station was originally just named Kirkham, but the 'Abbey' suffix was added on 1 June 1875, to take into account the proximity of the ruins of Kirkham Priory.
About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website