War Memorial #1527 ~ Haslingfield
The war memorial stands in the churchyard of All Saints parish church, Church Street, Haslingfield. It takes the form of a two stepped square base surmounted by a tapered plinth, a tapered shaft and a wheel cross. The dedicatory inscription is inscribed on the shaft and the names are inscribed on the sides of the plinth with round bosses at the centre and on the ends of the cross which is a St Martin/St Martha's cross in Iona with two plinths on the memorial. There are 18 names listed for World War 1 and 9 for World War 2. A further name has been added for the 2003-2011 Iraq War. The memorial was originally unveiled 1 February 1920 by Mrs A V Davies and was dedicated by Local Clergy/Dignitaries. The memorial was adapted for the World War 2 names and unveiled 4 December 1947 by Colonel Dale, the Rev M.B Dewey and Local Clergy/Dignitaries were in attendance.
This is a multi cache and IS NOT at the published coordinates.
The cache is a small clip and lock box.
To find the cache:
At the published coordinates you will find the memorial. Check out the three words directly above the years 1914 - 1919.
The number of letters in the first word is A.
The number of letters in the second word is B.
The number of letters in the third word is C.
N 52° (B-B)(A+A+C).(A-A)B(C-C)
E 000° (B-B)C.(A-A)(B-(A/C))B
Checksum of all digits in the coordinates = 33
***** PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT *****
CACHES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PLACED ON ACTUAL MEMORIALS OR WITHIN THE BOUNDARY OF SUCH
AT ALL TIMES PLEASE TREAT LOCATIONS OF MEMORIALS WITH RESPECT