This is our first Haunted Cache
This cache is based on the Beautiful Church Near This Cache
In March 1884, Reserve 660 was Gazetted & Vested in Trust to the Roman Catholic Bishop of Perth, Around That Time a Single-Storey Church Building featuring a High-Pitched Gable Main Roof & Porch with Feature Stone Wall alongside Front Stairs & for Footings. Colonnettes supporting the Porch Roof & Double-Hung Sash Windows, The Front Door is a Double Wooden Door. The Church is set amongst Trees on the Hillside overlooking the Serpentine-Jarrahdale Tavern; With Gooralong Brook Below.
It Opened & Was Blessed by Rev.Fr.J.Duff & Known as St James.
In 1923 Father T.R.O'Grady handed over his Presbytery to The Sisters of St Joseph's for a Covent and Took up Residence at the back of the Old Church.
On the 24th of February 1924 a School was opened in a Hall with 35 Children in Attendance. When Father O'Grady Died in 1926 at aged 38 he was Replaced by Rev.T.Lynch, Who built a Two-Room Presbytery for Himself.
A New School opened in April 1927, Funded by a Large Mortgage.
In 1929, Due to the Great Depression, The Timber Mills ceased operation & a Few Men had work in jarrahdale, As a Result, The Covent & School Closed. The Following Year, There was an attempt to Reopen the School, but in April 1930 Father Lynch was Forced to Withdraw the Community to Pinjarra where the Sister's Of St Joseph's began a Covent & School.
In 1923 the Health Authorities Condemned St Joseph's, Due to White Ants. However, The Church was Renovated & Served until c1958, When a New Church St Maria Goretti was built in 1960, The Lower-Parts of the Walls are Timber (Jarrah) & The Upper is Fibro-Cement,The Footings & Front Stairs are still Decorative Stone-Work & Roof Clay-Tiled.
P.s Keep an Eye Out For Spirit Nuns
P.p.s there happy enough
Byo Pen
Congrats to Axell33 & leega305 on FTF