What: Geocoinfest: Geocoin Poker Challenge
When: 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Saturday, September 4, 2021
Where: The Grid Collaborative
Whether you are a card maverick or just want to come and watch, join us Saturday night for Geocoin Poker. There is no requirement to play in the tournament. You are welcome to just come mingle, and relax." Every blind we'll be drawing door prizes for exclusive event trackable Geocoins, so hang out in the lobby or poker room to win! You have to be present to win!
Geocoin Poker Rules and Guidelines:
We will be playing No-Limit Texas Hold'em.
The tournament will contain 40 players maximum.
All individuals interested in playing need to sign in between 5:00pm – 5:15pm at The Grid. If we get more than 40, we will randomly draw 40 participants at 5:15pm.
A 3 unique geocoin buy-in is the requirement for play, coins subject to the Tournament Directors (Coby Boring and Jason Judt) review and approval. Coins must be un-activated and non-micro.
There are no re-buys or add-ons allowed during the tournament.
The tournament begins promptly at 5:30pm.
Rules will be reviewed prior to game play if there are any questions, standard No-Limit Texas Hold'em Rules apply.
1. One player acts as dealer. This position is called the button and it rotates clockwise after every hand.
2. The two players to the left of the dealer are called the small blind and the big blind, respectively.
3. These two positions require forced bets of a pre-determined amount and are the only players to put money in the pot before the cards are dealt.
4. Every player then receives two cards face down. These are called “hole” cards.
5. Once all hole cards have been dealt, the first betting round begins with the player sitting immediately to the left of the big blind. This player can fold, call (match the amount of the big blind) or raise.
6. The first bet or raise of the round has a minimum size of the current big blind. Any additional raises in that round have to be the same or higher than the last raise. (example: Big blind is $5 and player 1 raises in the first round of betting. His minimum bet has to be his $5 call of the big blind + a minimum of $5 since that’s the size of the big blind. Player 2 can raise player one with a minimum of $5. Player 2 would be calling player 1’s $10 bet + his raise of $5. Player 3 now raises $20, he is calling the $15 bet of player 2 + his $20 raise. Player 4 could call player 3’s $35 bet and if he wants to raise, his minimum is $20 now to raise.)
7. Betting then continues clockwise, with each player having the option to fold, call the amount of the highest bet before them, bet or raise.
8. When the first betting round is completed, three community cards are flipped face up on the table. This is called the flop.
9. The betting resumes, clockwise, with each player having the option to check (if no bet is in front of them), bet (or raise if a bet is before them), call or fold.
10. When the second round of betting is finished, a fourth community card is flipped face up on the table. This is called the turn.
11. The third round of betting commences with the first remaining player sitting to the left of the button.
12. When the third round of betting is over, a fifth community card is flipped face up on the table. This is called the river.
13. The fourth round of betting starts with the first remaining player seated to the left of the button. The betting continues to move clockwise.