Skip to content

chiesa di San Salvatore Traditional Cache

Hidden : 8/10/2021
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size:   small (small)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Si tratta della chiesa parrocchiale del capoluogo, Sona. Le origini di una prima chiesa dedicata alle Sante Maria ed Elisabetta non sono conosciute, tuttavia si è ipotizzato possano risalire al XII o al XIII secolo, ma solo all'inizio del XVI secolo le venne concessa la sede parrocchiale con il titolo di "San Salvatore", intitolazione che possiede tutt'oggi. La consacrazione della chiesa attuale è datata 22 settembre 1743.

 La Chiesa Parrocchiale di San Salvatore, bella ed elegante, fu intitolata a San Salvatore, ma consacrata alla visitazione della beata Vergine Maria e Santa Elisabetta perché costruita nel luogo di una precedente chiesa della Confraternita della Beata Maria. Il suo titolo è pertanto Parrocchia di San Salvatore in Santa Maria Elisabetta. Successivamente al 1569, divenne la chiesa parrocchiale ufficiale, dopo che fu dismessa la duecentesca e affrescata chiesetta di San Salvar (ovvero Salvatore nel gergo popolare), situata nel cimitero poco lontano e precedente sede parrocchiale.
All’odierna chiesa, ampiamente restaurata ed ampliata nei secoli XVIII e XIX, si accede da un'ampia scalinata del 1862, ha una facciata semplice, contornata ai lati da false colonne piatte e coronata da un timpano, con al centro un piccolo rosone. Sul portale è conservata una madonna coronata quale residuo del precedente tempio.
All'interno è ricca di altari in marmo e stucchi tardo barocco.
Bella la pala settecentesca della Visitazione di Santa Maria alla cugina Elisabetta: rappresenta Maria e Santa Elisabetta, alle loro spalle Zaccaria e San Giuseppe.
Di buona fattura settecentesca sono le statue ai lati del presbiterio, in tufo dipinto.
Le due acquasantiere del '700, in marmo rosso di Sant'Ambrogio sono opere dei maestri del marmo veronese.
Del '700 è anche la vasca del fonte battesimale.
In ferro dipinto e legno intagliato, d'artigianato locale, fra '800 e '900, sono 14 bracci portacandele sotto le stazioni della Via Crucis.
Sulla sinistra della chiesa, fu costruito l’oratorio intitolato alla Madonna addolorata.

 

 

This is the parish church of the capital, Sona. The origins of a first church dedicated to Saints Mary and Elizabeth are not known, however it has been hypothesized that they may date back to the 12th or 13th century, but only at the beginning of the 16th century it was granted the parish seat with the title of "San Salvatore ", a title he still owns today. The consecration of the current church is dated 22 September 1743.

The Parish Church of San Salvatore, beautiful and elegant, was dedicated to San Salvatore, but consecrated to the visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Elizabeth because it was built on the site of a previous church of the Confraternity of the Blessed Mary. Its title is therefore Parish of San Salvatore in Santa Maria Elisabetta. After 1569, it became the official parish church, after the thirteenth-century frescoed church of San Salvar (or Salvatore in popular jargon), located in the nearby cemetery and former parish seat, was abandoned.
Today's church, extensively restored and enlarged in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, is accessed by a wide staircase from 1862, has a simple facade, surrounded on the sides by false flat columns and crowned by a tympanum, with a small rose window in the center. On the portal there is a crowned Madonna as a remnant of the previous temple.
Inside it is rich in marble altars and late Baroque stuccoes.
The eighteenth-century altarpiece of the Visitation of Santa Maria to her cousin Elizabeth is beautiful: it represents Mary and Santa Elisabetta, behind them Zacharias and St. Joseph.
The statues on the sides of the presbytery, in painted tuff, are of good eighteenth-century workmanship.
The two fonts of the '700, in red marble of Sant'Ambrogio are works of the masters of Veronese marble.
The baptismal font is also from the 1700s.
In painted iron and carved wood, of local craftsmanship, between the 19th and 20th centuries, there are 14 candle holder arms under the stations of the Via Crucis.
On the left of the church, the oratory dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows was built.

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

nyoreb-gerr

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)