Winterbourne Railway station - Opened on the 1st July 1903 by the Great Western Railway on the line from Swindon to the Severn Tunnel, this station closed to passengers on the 3rd April 1961 and goods on 7th October 1963
The picture below shows the station in the 1940's. The building to the left in the photo is the one that remains today.
The picture below was taken in 1980, this part of the station can be seen from the cache location (opposite side of the tracks to the remaining building). The platform has been removed but the building remains, and has been moderenised and is currently used for religious purposes. The station buildings on the cache side of the tracks were demolished and the site is now NetworkRail storage.
About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. It's a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website