War Memorial #1692 ~ Fulbourn
The Fulbourn War Memorial can be found at the junction of Manor Walk and Ludlows Lane on the village green in Fulbourn. It takes the form of a an Aberdeen granite Celtic cross mounted on a tapered shaft which stands atop a square base plinth with the inscription at the base of the shaft and on the plinth. There are 37 names listed for World War 1, 10 for World War 2 and one for the Gulf War. The memorial was unveiled by the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire and the isle of Ely in May 1920. The mason was Mr T C Stanbridge. Details appeared in the Cambridge Independent Press 4 July 1919.
This is a multi cache and IS NOT at the published coordinates.
The cache is a 2ml tube.
To find the cache:
At the published coordinates you will find the memorial. Check out the four words directly above the years 1914 - 1919.
The number of letters in the first word is A.
The number of letters in the second word is B.
The number of letters in the third word is C.
The number of letters in the fourth word is D.
N 52° (B-A)(B-D).(A+C)(B+C)C
E 000° (B-A)B.(A+A)(D-A)(A+A)
Checksum of all digits in the coordinates = 41
***** PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT *****
CACHES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PLACED ON ACTUAL MEMORIALS OR WITHIN THE BOUNDARY OF SUCH
AT ALL TIMES PLEASE TREAT LOCATIONS OF MEMORIALS WITH RESPECT