War Memorial #1696 ~ Grantchester
The Grantchester war memorial is in the churchyard of parish church of St. Andrew and St. Mary, High Street, Grantchester and takes the form of a floriated cross on an octagonal column with a square plinth standing on a two stepped base. There are 17 names listed for World War 1 and 5 for World War 2. The memorial was unveiled by Colonel C T Heycock on 6th April 192; it cost £159 16s 3d raised by public subscription. The top portion was blown off in gales in 1987 but was replaced. In the churchyard of Saints Andrew and Mary there are 3 Commonwealth burials of the 1914-1918 war and 1 of the 1939-1945 war.
This is a multi cache and IS NOT at the published coordinates.
The cache is a 5ml tube.
To find the cache:
At the published coordinates you will find the memorial. Check out the four words directly below the years 1914 - 1918.
The number of letters in the first word is A.
The number of letters in the second word is B.
The number of letters in the third word is C.
The number of letters in the fourth word is D.
N 52° (B-A)(D-D).C(D-A-A)C
E 000° (D-D)(C-A).D(A+D)A
Checksum of all digits in the coordinates = 47
***** PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT *****
CACHES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PLACED ON ACTUAL MEMORIALS OR WITHIN THE BOUNDARY OF SUCH
AT ALL TIMES PLEASE TREAT LOCATIONS OF MEMORIALS WITH RESPECT