This cache is part of a series of caches which are placed at or near village halls and community centres. For details and statistics visit the Village Hall Series website Click here

Thixendale Village Hall was originally the village school and schoolhouse, built by the Sykes family, when Thixendale was part of the Sledmere estate.
In 1849, Lady Sykes had supported the building of a small schoolhouse next to what is now Cottage Farm. This was replaced by the larger Public Elementary School and schoolhouse – now the village hall – which opened on March 26th 1876 and could hold 70 children. The design was by the renowned G.E. Street, the same architect who was responsible for the church. The builder was Drewery.
The school closed in the 1964 and the few children in the village went to Fridaythorpe until that too closed. The village purchased the school in 1968 to use as a village hall.
The village hall was leased out to the YHA in 1970, and it was used as a Youth Hostel in the summer months. On 1st October 1999, the Youth Hostel closed down and the building reverted to being a village hall.
During the summer months light refreshments are served at the village hall on Sundays between 11.00am and 4.00pm
The coordinates for the cache can be found by solving this puzzle