The Northern Virginia Geocaching Organization would like for you to join us at 10am on Saturday, May 6, 2023 for our annual spring event.
James S. Long Regional Park
4603 James Madison Highway
Haymarket, VA 20169
Time: 10:00 am to 2 pm
As well as the picnic we will be having our 2022 NoVAGO Geocache Awards ceremony. For all curious and avid NoVAGO cachers, you are encouraged to visit as many of the nominated caches as possible before the picnic. Visit NoVAGO's 2022 Cache Awards for a list of nominees, categories, voting link and more information.
The Awards presentation will begin at approximately 1pm.
- Charcoal and fluid for the grills will be provided by NoVAGO.
- Hamburgers and hot dogs will be provided by NoVAGO.
- There are quite a few caches in the surrounding area to keep you busy before and after the event including the traditional icebreaker so be ready to socialize and find out about your fellow cachers.
- Lawn chairs, blankets, etc. should be considered in case we all can't fit under the pavilion.
- If you bring Travel Bugs, please exchange them amongst yourselves rather than leave them on a table for trading. They tend to get lost that way and we all know how frustrating that can be.
- Feel free to take photos during the event and add them to the event page in your logs! You can also post them to the gallery on our website after the event.
- Please retrieve personal items and any dishes, containers or left over potluck items before 2pm. We will be cleaning up the area at this time and can not ensure these items will be left undisturbed afterwards.
NoVAGO will provide the hamburgers and hot dogs, while the rest of the food is potluck, provided by event attendees - that's YOU! Keep in mind, you do not need to bring enough to feed 100 people!
Please post your Will Attend log with what you plan to bring or if your unsure now, post it as the event gets closer. This way we can keep track of who is bringing what and try to fill in holes. A list will be posted periodically for you to see what others are bringing. No dish, dessert or drink will get turned away! All food is welcome although we do tend to have a LOT of deserts so finger food, snacks lunch type items would be amazing!
Food items planned:
Big vegetarian green saland with Italian dressing
Various bags of chips
Biscoff Cookie Butter Cheesecake Bars
Bucket of KFC chicken
Several 12-packs of sodas
Mexican street corn salad
Stuffed grape leaves
Veggie platter and dip
Chocolate chip cookies
Potato salad and potato chips
Jennifer Aniston salad
"No Bake" cookies
Bottled water and ice