西暦819年(弘仁10年)に創建された、五間二階の楼門である。
西暦1843年(天保14年)に大火により中門は焼失したが、両脇に祀られていた持国天像、多聞天像は類焼を免れた。
中門は、西暦2015年(平成27年)、172年ぶりに再建された。
再建にあたり、増長天像、広目天像が新造され、元の二天像と共に中門の守護をしています。
再建された中門は、元の位置より金堂寄りに建てられており、元の中門の礎石が、現在の中門の南側に現存します。
Built in 819 A.D.
In 1843 AD (Tenpo 14), the middle gate was destroyed by fire, but the statues of Jikokuten and Tamonten enshrined on both sides survived the fire.
The Chumon was rebuilt in 2015 (Heisei 27) for the first time in 172 years.
Upon reconstruction, the statues of Zochoten and Komokuten were newly created, and together with the original two statues, guard the middle gate.
The reconstructed Chumon was built closer to the main hall than its original position, and the foundation stone of the original Chumon remains on the south side of the current Chumon.
