Skip to content

Lugnorre_village Traditional Cache

Hidden : 7/7/2023
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size:   other (other)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


[Deutsch unten] / [English below]

Lugnorre est une ancienne seigneurie. Située sur le versant sud-ouest du Mont Vully, la localité, en ordre contigu, souvent construit en pierre d'Hauterive, était constitué de deux parties, Lugnorre et Chenaux. La seigneurie englobait, de la fin du Moyen Âge à la fin de l'Ancien Régime, Lugnorre, Môtier, Joressens et une partie de Mur. En 1079, l'évêque de Lausanne, Burcard d'Oltigen, possédait des biens à Lugnorre, dont l'usufruit revenait au chapitre. En 1183, le monastère de Payerne avait des vignes dans le village et les documents anciens ne font que rarement la distinction entre le village et la seigneurie de Lugnorre. Celle-ci n'apparaît clairement comme unité administrative qu'au XIVe siècle. Propriété des sires de Grandson, elle fut cédée par Othon II de Grandson, sous réserve de rachat, à Louis de Neuchâtel en 1350.

Les habitants obtinrent des franchises, consignées en 1398. A la fin du Moyen Âge, la seigneurie était administrée par un Conseil, une cour de justice de douze membres, un major et un huissier, établis dans l'ancienne majorie située sur la place publique (encore appelée place de carcan en 1758) où se déroulaient les jugements et les assemblées. La seigneurie de Lugnorre fut vendue en 1469 par Amédée IX de Savoie à la ville de Morat, qui dut la remettre à Berne et Fribourg en 1475. Elle fit partie du bailliage commun de Morat dès 1484 et attribuée au canton de Fribourg en 1798, qui l'incorpora dans le district d'Avenches, puis dans celui de Morat de 1803 à 1848. Une école y est présente dès 1729 (bâtiment actuel de 1853, agrandi en 1904). Lugnorre est un village voué à l'agriculture et à l'économie laitière. La première fromagerie est arrivée vers 1840 (l'actuelle date de 1910).

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lugnorre ist eine alte Grundherrschaft. Die am Südwesthang des Mont Vully gelegene Ortschaft bestand aus zwei Teilen, Lugnorre und Chenaux, in zusammenhängender Ordnung, die oft aus Hauterive-Stein erbaut wurde. Die Herrschaft umfasste vom späten Mittelalter bis zum Ende des Ancien Régime Lugnorre, Môtier, Joressens und einen Teil von Mur. Im Jahr 1079 besaß der Bischof von Lausanne, Burcard von Oltigen, Güter in Lugnorre, deren Nutznießung dem Kapitel zustand. Im Jahr 1183 besaß das Kloster Payerne Weinberge im Dorf. In den alten Dokumenten wird nur selten zwischen dem Dorf und der Herrschaft von Lugnorre unterschieden. Letztere trat erst im 14. Jahrhundert eindeutig als Verwaltungseinheit in Erscheinung. Sie war Eigentum der Herren von Grandson und wurde 1350 von Otto II. von Grandson unter dem Vorbehalt des Rückkaufs an Ludwig von Neuchâtel abgetreten.

Die Einwohner erhielten Freibriefe, die 1398 schriftlich festgehalten wurden. Im späten Mittelalter wurde die Herrschaft von einem Rat, einem Gerichtshof mit zwölf Mitgliedern, einem Major und einem Gerichtsdiener verwaltet, die in der alten Majorie auf dem öffentlichen Platz (1758 noch Place de carcan genannt) angesiedelt waren, wo die Urteile und Versammlungen stattfanden. Die Herrschaft von Lugnorre wurde 1469 von Amadeus IX. von Savoyen an die Stadt Murten verkauft, die sie 1475 an Bern und Freiburg übergeben musste. Ab 1484 war sie Teil der gemeinsamen Vogtei Murten und wurde 1798 dem Kanton Freiburg zugesprochen, der sie in den Bezirk Avenches und von 1803 bis 1848 in den Bezirk Murten eingliederte. Seit 1729 gibt es dort eine Schule (das heutige Gebäude stammt aus dem Jahr 1853 und wurde 1904 erweitert). Lugnorre ist ein Dorf, das sich der Landwirtschaft und der Milchwirtschaft verschrieben hat. Die erste Käserei kam um 1840 hinzu (die heutige stammt aus dem Jahr 1910).

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lugnorre is an ancient seigneury. Situated on the south-western slopes of Mont Vully, the locality, in contiguous order, often built of Hauterive stone, was made up of two parts, Lugnorre and Chenaux. From the end of the Middle Ages to the end of the Ancien Régime, the seigneury included Lugnorre, Môtier, Joressens and part of Mur. In 1079, the Bishop of Lausanne, Burcard d'Oltigen, owned property in Lugnorre, the usufruct of which belonged to the Chapter. In 1183, the Payerne monastery owned vineyards in the village, and early documents rarely distinguish between the village and the seigneury of Lugnorre. The latter did not emerge clearly as an administrative unit until the 14th century. Owned by the Sires de Grandson, it was ceded by Othon II de Grandson, subject to redemption, to Louis de Neuchâtel in 1350.

The inhabitants were granted franchises, recorded in 1398. At the end of the Middle Ages, the seigneury was administered by a Council, a twelve-member court of justice, a major and a bailiff, established in the former majorie located on the public square (still called place de carcan in 1758) where judgments and assemblies were held. The seigneury of Lugnorre was sold in 1469 by Amédée IX of Savoy to the town of Morat, which had to hand it over to Berne and Fribourg in 1475. It became part of the common bailiwick of Morat in 1484, and was assigned to the canton of Fribourg in 1798, which incorporated it into the district of Avenches, then into that of Morat from 1803 to 1848. A school was established here as early as 1729 (the current building dates from 1853, and was enlarged in 1904). Lugnorre is a village devoted to agriculture and dairy farming. The first cheese dairy arrived around 1840 (the current one dates from 1910).
 

Source: Wikipedia

 

FTF : Polymnie

 

Additional Hints (No hints available.)