A simple cache placed with permission of the nearby convience store. For those who may not speak Italian, "Latte, Pane e Caffè" translates to "Milk, Bread and Coffee".
This section of Northampton now known as Florence, was once known as "Broughton's Meadow" referring to John Broughton, an English settler who purchased land in 1657 that included what is now Northampton and Florence. Broughton's Meadow was used to describe the area until 1846. Other names included "Warner School District" after three brothers who had lived in the area during the early 19th century, and "The Community" referring to the Northampton Association of Education and Industry from 1842 through 1846. In 1848, the village took on the name Bensonville after George W. Benson and the Bensonville Manufacturing Company. After Benson's company went bankrupt in 1849, the village adopted the name Greenville after Greenville Manufacturing Company. In preparation for creating a post office, the village came together in the fall of 1852 to select a new name. The name "Florence" was suggested by Dr. Charles Munde, and this name was approved by residents.