Skip to content

Szolnoki Tüdőkórház Traditional Cache

Hidden : 1/5/2025
Difficulty:
1 out of 5
Terrain:
1 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


MAGYAR

A kórházról

A kórház 1941-ben nyílt meg és és hosszú évtizedeken át a tüdőbetegek gyógyulását szolgálta. Építése 1939-ben kezdődött, Glock Imre budapesti építőmester tervei alapján. Gyönyörű parkja a betegek kényelmét, és gyógyulását szolgálta.

1948-ban az épületben nyílt meg az Állami Tüdőgyógyintézet, javarészt adományokból kapott berendezésekkel. Az akkori népbetegségnek számító TBC kezelését először 150 ággyal, majd 395 re bővített kapacitással próbálták visszafogni. Kezdetekben, egyes esetekben a TBC-t műtéti úton is kezelték a beteg rész eltávolításával, így sebészeti részleget is kapott a kórház. Sokáig elfekvő és utókezelő részleg is működött a falak közt.

A kórház szintén említésre méltó volt a köré telepített öthetktáros ősfás, allergénmentes kert miatt, ahol a kórház betegei sétálhattak.

Az intézmény osztályait fokozatosan a Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok Megyei Hetényi Géza Kórházba helyezték át, majd 2008-ban bezárták. Az egykori TBC-kórház állapota fokozatosan romlott, majd 2018-ban bontották le fokozatosan romló állagú épületet.

A Tisza Klub civil kezdeményezésként szerette volna megvédeni a területet: szakértői vélemények beszerzésével és beadványokkal megpróbálták elérni, hogy a területet nyilvánítsák védetté. Nem jártak sikerrel és az át- és leépítésnek áldozatul esett az 50-60 éves fák nagy része A régi kórházból már csak a régi kapu egyik felét hagyták meg, emléktáblákkal látták el.

A kórház területén most az Ormos Imre park látogatható, ahol alkalmanként élőzenés eseményeket és családi napokat rendeznek.

Ormos Imre

1903-ban született Budapesten. 1926-ban szerzett műkertészi, majd 1939-ben kertésztanári diplomát a Magyar Királyi Kertészeti Tanintézetben. Oklevelének megszerzése után kertépítőként, majd irodavezetőként dolgozott. Két évet töltött Ankarában, többek között Kemal pasa megbízásából, megtanult törökül és fejlesztette francia nyelvtudását.

1932-től a „Kertművészet” és a „Kerttervezés” tárgyakat oktatta a tanintézetben, amelyből 1939-ben létrejött a Kertészeti Akadémia, azon belül megalakult a Kertművészeti Tanszék, amelynek vezetője lett. Amikor 1943-tól az akadémia Kertészeti és Szőlészeti Főiskola néven működött tovább, meghirdette a Kerttervezési szakszemináriumot, melynek elvégzését a tájépítész szakma a szakterületi végzettség első hazai megjelenésének tekinti. Nemcsak tanított, de folyamatosan végzett tervezési munkákat és szakcikkeket írt. Magát is tovább képezte, 1944-ben a Pázmány Péter Tudományegyetem művészettörténet-esztétika-filozófia szakon szerzett oklevelet.

1969-ben nyugállományba vonult, de folytatta szakmai munkásságát és társadalmi tevékenységét. A Kertészeti Egyetemen a szaktörténet tantárgy előadójaként és a külföldi szakirodalom hazai dokumentációja terén végzett értékes munkát. 1970-ben a Kertészeti Egyetem tiszteletbeli doktora címet adományozott számára.

 

A láda

A régi tüdőkórház épülete tíz évig állt üresen, omladozó állapotban. A bontás után emléktáblát raktak ki, ahol láthatjuk a kórház régi épületét és az ott dolgozó orvosok listáját. Ide hívlak most benneteket.

 

ENGLISH

About the Hospital

The hospital opened in 1941 and served the recovery of lung disease patients for many decades. Construction began in 1939, based on the plans of Imre Glock, a Budapest-based master builder. Its beautiful park served the comfort and recovery of patients.

In 1948, the State Tuberculosis Institute opened in the building, equipped largely with donated equipment. They attempted to curb the treatment of tuberculosis, a common disease at the time, initially with 150 beds and later expanding to 395. In the beginning, in some cases, tuberculosis was also treated surgically by removing the affected part, so the hospital also acquired a surgical department. For a long time, there was also a convalescent and aftercare department within the walls.

The hospital was also noteworthy for the surrounding five-hectare old forest park, free of allergens, where hospital patients could walk.

The departments of the institution were gradually transferred to the Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok County Hetényi Géza Hospital, and then it was closed in 2008. The condition of the former tuberculosis hospital gradually deteriorated, and then in 2018, the gradually deteriorating building was demolished.

The Tisza Klub, as a civil initiative, wanted to protect the area: by obtaining expert opinions and submitting petitions, they tried to get the area declared a protected area. They were unsuccessful, and most of the 50-60-year-old trees fell victim to the demolition and removal. Only one half of the old gate from the old hospital remained, and it was marked with memorial plaques.

The Ormos Imre Park can now be visited on the hospital grounds, where live music events and family days are occasionally held.

Imre Ormos

Ormos Imre was born in Budapest in 1903. He obtained a degree in horticulture in 1926 and a teaching diploma in horticulture in 1939 from the Royal Hungarian Horticultural Institute. After graduation, he worked as a landscape gardener and then as an office manager. He spent two years in Ankara, working on projects commissioned by Kemal Atatürk among others, during which time he learned Turkish and improved his French.

From 1932, he taught horticulture and landscape design at the institute, which in 1939 became the Horticultural Academy. Within the academy, he founded the Department of Horticulture and became its head. When the academy continued as the Horticultural and Viticultural College from 1943, he introduced a specialized seminar on landscape design, which is considered by the landscape architecture profession to be the first domestic appearance of a specialized qualification in the field. He not only taught but also continuously carried out design work and wrote professional articles. He also continued his own education, obtaining a degree in art history, aesthetics, and philosophy from Pázmány Péter University in 1944.

 

He retired in 1969 but continued his professional and social activities. At the University of Horticulture, he made valuable contributions as a lecturer in the history of horticulture and in documenting foreign professional literature. In 1970, the University of Horticulture awarded him an honorary doctorate.

The cache

The building of the old hospital stood empty for ten years, nearly collapsing. After the demolition, the only signs of the old hospital are the commemorative signs and the half of the old gate they are hung onto. This sign pays homage to the doctors of the old hospital. This gate is where I'm inviting you to.

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

zátarfrf, 1z / zntargvp, 1z

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)

Advertising with Us