How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A short boat ride from the Imperial Golden Triangle Resort, a popular tourist hotel in Thailand's tri-border area. From the hotel you can see the Mekong River, Myanmar (Burma), and Laos.
This is an easy adventure, but it will cost you a few bucks for a boat ride across the Mekong River. Bring your passport, and the friendly natives will stamp it for you (with the same stamp they use to cancel the postcards you purchase.) The Lao beer is pretty good, but if you want a real treat, try the rice whiskey with the pickled cobra, or there is even something worse. You'll have to see for yourself.
To claim credit for this cache, mail a postcard from the site to:
14 Chatsworth Place
Longthorpe, Peterborough, Cambs,
As of 2015, Butane has handed over the caretaking of this geocache to TwoNomadicBrits. Sarah is really looking forward to those postcards folks, so send her some nice ones. Good words, pretty stamps, a pic or two, and a newsy log entry will gain you a friendly thank you email from her. Thanks, Sarah!
This is a safe location, frequented by tourists. If you get as far as the Golden Triangle Resort, you need to go the extra mile just to say you did it. See my photos. Add your own.
(No hints available.)
- 90. Postcard from KevenhTraditional Lao elephant and accoutrements. Not sure about the guy in the flip-flops and sunglasses
- 91. Message from KevenhKevenh visited Laos in August, 2007. His card is marked 04 August, and arrived in North Carolina precisely 1 month later. A new record. If you want to know about the 'other type' drink that he did not sample, you'll have to write Kevenh.
- a Whathell cardReceived 16 May 2007 from Whathell.
- a Whathell messageA total surprise! Don't forget to log your visit.
- Bergfex28's card after received by Butane
- Blowin' Smoke!From Dex4
- Card from BrischnizMailed in late March, it arrived in early May. Note the address of the card distributor, in the center of the card.
- Card from Team LayaboutReceived three weeks after it was sent! A new speed record!
- Dead Rabbit 10 and partyMailed May 21, received June 1, 2013. Only twelve days!
- Doctor Snuggles, is this yours?Received in early June, with no identification.
- From 5KnudsenThis postcard arrived in two weeks. A new record!
- From BadhubReceived Jan 14.
- From CHTILUC
- From DDRAMSCard received Jan 24, 2012
- From Diana and RosiGolden Triangle postcard mailed March 25, received on May 6. Not a record, but faster than most.
- From Energie FansPostmarked Nov 8, received Dec 24.
- From Golden Molar
- From Picus fs, received Jan 10, 2012
- From Smashing Ground. Arrived Apr 12.This card took nearly 3 months to arrive.
- From Svict4?His message is obscured by the stamps, but I think it is from him because of the dates, and the Chiang Rai postcard.
- From Team Klaproos. Received 18 April.
- From TechnetiumReceived on Sept 12, 2011
- From Tom and LettieTomlet visited the site, got his card stamped, but forgot my address. He took the card back to Thailand, and addressed it, but it had to have Thai stamps on it now, so he put it in an envelope and mailed it from Thailand. Thanks for all the stamps!
- From Tueri. Arrived about 6 April
- Front of the mystery postcardThis card was received on Dec 24, 2012, which is the 10th anniversary of Snake Medicine. It was not signed. The postmark is November 22,2012. Please claim it if it is yours.
- Golden Triangle CardI've received five postcards with this photo, and posted the reverse side with the message. Thanks to all of you who sent cards, and thanks for a beautiful selection of postage stamps.
- Golden Triangle postcardFrom MtHolde and Fletch. Mailed Nov 22, 2006, arrived a mere six weeks later, on Jan 8, 2007. I believe you are looking at Myanmar, in the distance, Thailand, on the left, and Laow would be to the right, out of the frame.
- Greetings from Laos. Note Dong Xao postmark.Thanks for the colorful card, MtHolde and Fletch! Received on Jan 8, 2007. Note from the stamps that Laos is one of the few remaining 'PDR' (Peoples Democratic Republic.)
- ImperatorTom's Card
- Looking North from ThailandThe extreme northern tip of Thailand, looking north at the Mekong River. Myanmar is on the left, and the land on the right is Laos. It is interesting that the shapes and locations of the islands change.
- Message from JohnnyCacheAZThe very same postcard he is holding in his picture.
- Opium PoppiesSvict4 said he visited the Opium Museum in the Golden Triangle. I suspect this is his postcard.
- Postcard from Javamama and Spa SusiWow! A visit logged on Christmas day, 2005, and this colorful postcard arrived on Jan 26th, 2006. Thanks for the memories, ladies, I hope your visit was as memorable as mine!
- Postcard from JohnnyCacheAzPostmarked 18 Oct 2006, received 30 Nov 2006.
- Postcard from MirayMailed Dec 11, received Feb 22
- Postcard from Team Klaproos, Netherlands
- So close, but no cigarFrom McGillz, who shared a sad story and a lesson for all of us. Don't geocache with muggles.
- Thanks for writing, SteveAs you can see, this has been a most gratifying cache. All the colorful cards and nice notes are appreciated.
- The front of Bastlers' cardThe Lao postmark on the rear is dated Christmas day. I really like this card, the ladies and their costumes. They are very typical of Thai Hill Tribes.
- The Mystery Card. Did you send this?If you mailed this, claim it. Received by Butane on Dec 24, 2012.
- Who sent this?Not sure if this is from Tueri or Spoyd. Arrived 22 March, but hard to tell who sent it. Please claim your card! Butane.
- Welcome to LaosThis sign greets you as you arrive
- Looking west, to ThailandThe Lao flag, and the Mekong River
- Customs, Souvenirs, and BarMostly tourist stuff, but some really unusual tourist stuff.
- Snake MedicineA real cobra in the bottle. They are liberal supplying free samples. Enjoy.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum